http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APAMYUyc390&feature=related

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Food!! (another Meme)

Oh, and since everyone but me already knew this..."meme" rhymes with theme!

Feeding the Family:

Breakfast or Brunch?
Brunch - more choices.
Lunch - Brown Bag, Vending Machine or the Deli by the office? I work from home so I am going to go with refrigerator on this one.
Dinner or Supper? Funny how no one says supper anymore.
Best last minute dinner? One of those already baked chickens at the deli section of the grocery, a bagged casear salad and a bottle of wine.
Take-Out - Chinese or Thai? Thai (just like Cynical Chef's UJ!)
Major stock-up store - Costco, Sam's Club, 7/11? I am a Costco girl myself.
Produce - Fresh, Frozen, Farmers' Market? Farmers' Market is my first choice.
Best "Oops, I forgot the [blank] when I was at the store" solution - 7/11, Famima, call spouse? Try to find a substitute.
Favorite Celebrity Chef: Paula Dean - her show makes my mouth water, always. I really like that Semi-Homemade lady too, she cracks me up with her kitchen coordinated to her outfits and I like that she always tries the alcoholic beverages that she makes.
At a potluck I can usually be counted on to bring? My famous broccoli salad or my equally famous peach and blueberry cobbler (but only in season)
At a potluck I hope someone else brings? An apple pie.
Favorite Winter Dish to make? Taco Soup
Favorite Summer Dish to make? Chicken Salad sandwiches to take to the beach for supper picnic.
Your favorite recipe of your mom's? Lamb Curry.
Your favorite recipe, period? Lizzy's Raspberry-Chipolte Chicken Candy...not really candy, its just that the skin cooks in the sauce to a sweet, crispy, buttery deliciousness that we gave the moniker of Chicken Candy.
Favorite food magazine? Gourmet.
Guilty pleasure food? I used to buy those small frosted cakes from the grocery when I was having a really stressful time and ask the baker to write Happy Birthday and make up a name on the cake so that no one would "know" that I was going to go home and eat the whole thing.
What's for dinner tonight? Dinner? It's not even 9 am...

PS I will take any recipes you want to share!!!

PS2 going to go pour another mug of coffee now.

No comments:

Bubbles and a Book

Laundry

Moo and Pi

Tea time for the girls!

Slide on down!

Booger Nose!

Strolling in the Park

P2's new kitchen

Go the right way!

Such a big girl now!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Mooshy's 5th Birthday

counter customizable free hit
persephone
piper