http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APAMYUyc390&feature=related

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

It was where?

It was a bad morning.

Baby was good. Dog was good. The weather was great, mild, springlike. The coffee was made before I got up. It was still a bad morning. I spent four and a half hours looking for my engagement ring.

I take it off sometimes because P2 likes to kick me when I am changing her and it can jab her and cut up her legs. I remembered taking it off yesterday during a emergency changing session and setting it on the file cabinet. I also remember thinking "that is NOT a good place for it." I usually put the ring on my little crystal ring stand.

Anyway - P2 is teething and was having a very diapery day so there were lots of things going on. I lost track of the ring, I lost track that I had even lost track until this morning...

I was dressing P2 for the day when I noticed a little cut on her ankle - probably made by my ring...which was NOT on my hand. I finished dressing her, then walked to the shelf with the ring stand...where the ring was NOT!!!!!! Then I began to vaguely remember the file cabinet scenario but not what came after it.

I IMed all my friends (for moral support) and posted to my Mommy message board. I turned the room upside down...at one point literally - removing the mattresses from the bed. I ultimately dusted every surface, vacuumed every nook and cranny, went through the garbage, the diaper pail, the laundry (where I found the spider from the Spa Night Incident), the bedding, the bathroom cabinets, sink, under the toilet. My lovely MIL even took the pooper scooper and a hoe and checked through the Moo doo and that of The Terrorists (her Pom-Mix mutts) to no avail.

I ate a whole package of double stuff oreos and I cried. It was awful. It wouldn't have been so bad except that the ring is made of one of Our Hero's Grandmother's diamonds, we haven't gotten it insured yet and I kept thinking how my own mother had waited until this very year to give me My Grandmother's diamond ring because my mother wasn't sure I was responsible enough - even at this advanced maternal age - to keep track of it.

It was a horrible morning. I didn't really eat breakfast - Oreos do not count - my coffee was cold because I spent all my time hunting. My baby was wonderful and took a three hour nap during which time I did not get research, paperwork or client work done because I was looking for my ring.

The whole thing gave me a headache...I went to get some Advil from the medicine cabinet and look what I found!....

2 comments:

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Glad you found it! I'd get a heart attack, for sure, even though my engagement ring is not that special. I actually lost my wedding ring in the hospital when Anna was born. I was quite upset, but Lars was philosophical about this. He said, "It's better to lose it now, so to speak, make an offering of the ring to the place where our baby was born", rather than lose it many years later in some stupid situation. So now my wedding ring is a few months "younger" than his...

MWR said...

Yes, but who is the lucky male bottle of Children's Tylenol . . . and what have you done with my green Le Creuset Dutch oven?

Bubbles and a Book

Laundry

Moo and Pi

Tea time for the girls!

Slide on down!

Booger Nose!

Strolling in the Park

P2's new kitchen

Go the right way!

Such a big girl now!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Mooshy's 5th Birthday

counter customizable free hit
persephone
piper