http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APAMYUyc390&feature=related

Friday, February 09, 2007

Irons in the Fire (which is where I believe they belong)

For those of you who knew me PP (pre-Pregnancy) you know that I am never only doing one thing...I LOVE projects. 2006 was consumed with the project of being pregnant and the project of beginning a life with the Princess. Now that 2007 is underway and I discover that my quasi-employer has become my entirely-former employer I have embarked on some new projects and tangents...I also have a list of unprojects...things I will NOT be doing again soon.

The Going Forward With List:
  • Macabrekins - developing and marketing an off-kilter collection of plush toys and writing stories of their adventures
  • Magazine articles - took a course at UCLA, made a list of mags I want to write for and a list of topics - traveling with small kids, traveling with LARGE pets, cooking in a small kitchen, becoming a parent at "an advanced maternal age," unique roadtrips and realistic wardrobe planning
  • Writing clients - ONLY THE KIND THAT CAN PAY and that have something interesting to promote like E-Spec
  • Exercise - daily walks plus getting back into yoga and maybe doing some pilates!!
  • Foodie Pursuits - Solstice Supper Club (more on that soon), Wine Geek Club - perhaps should be Grape Geek for sake of illeration and some classes at Sur La Table (if only for the in-store discount you get on the day of the course)
  • Mastering the Martini - searching for the perfect one
And the Anti-Projects:
  • No more book clubs for a while - I literally have 45 books waiting to be read (including the five I checked out from the TO Library today) - but if I did have a book club - it would be for new moms only and the first book we would read would be this one! Actually any of these!
  • Writing Clients - that don't or can't pay...no pro bono unless its Bono and then we can talk because Pro Bono is different on so many levels that pro bono
  • Stressing out - its overrated and I am over it!
Oh, and ironing...I don't do it, won't do it, hate it...irons = ick.

No comments:

Bubbles and a Book

Laundry

Moo and Pi

Tea time for the girls!

Slide on down!

Booger Nose!

Strolling in the Park

P2's new kitchen

Go the right way!

Such a big girl now!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Mooshy's 5th Birthday

counter customizable free hit
persephone
piper