http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APAMYUyc390&feature=related

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Maybe it's just something I ate????



I still feel the baby moving around in there and I still have a big belly but...this "holding pattern" is starting to make me wonder...did I swallow a watermelon seed? Maybe there is no baby in there...its all a conspiracy. I mean really...the ultrasound could just be a video feed from something else...prenatal vitamins could secretly be some form of hormones that stopped my monthly cycle...there are lots of Scientologists in LA...maybe they spiked my drinks in January and implanted an ALIEN in me....

I don't really believe any of that...but I do feel oddly detached from the whole thing right now.

Aside from that...the baby's name in groovy painted wooden letters and colorful ribbons is now hanging on the wall in my room. Her home away from home is nearly set up as well, travel crib is set up. Both cars have the seat bases in them. Hospital bags are packed. Call lists are printed. Supplies are laid in. I am more focused now on things beyond her arrival...Christmas with my family, Thanksgiving menu and decoration, looking for new writing projects, sending out some scripts, winter wardrobe (for MEEEEEEEE!!!!!), the usual stuff...

Maybe this is normal...I think that I will leave the obsessing about Piper's arrival to the rest of the population and go see what groovy boots and warm coat I can find at Neiman Marcus for my trip to NYC in February....

Oh, and dig out my family's famous Christmas Cake recipe, nearly time to bake a few batches!

16 days to Halloween...but you knew that if you looked at the ticker at the bottom of my blog.

Later!

1 comment:

Alasdair said...

The watermelon seed reminds me of the time John McCain hosted SNL. He did a hilarious John Ashcroft sketch involving chips implanted in every U.S. citizen that respond to a remote control. McCain's a pretty funny guy :)

I'm hoping John Ashcroft has nothing to do with the delay...

Bubbles and a Book

Laundry

Moo and Pi

Tea time for the girls!

Slide on down!

Booger Nose!

Strolling in the Park

P2's new kitchen

Go the right way!

Such a big girl now!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Mooshy's 5th Birthday

counter customizable free hit
persephone
piper